The Hike in the Woods of Gedu to Expand My Existing Knowledge

It was a beautiful day because it all started with a single normal day that gave me hope for my carrier building amidst the hopelessness that I am surrounded with. It is in that beautiful forest that I came to know the botanical names of the most common plants to me. In fact, to my bewilderment, I found myself with an increased interest in the course I am taking. Moreover, I felt that I am nearer to the calling I have always longed for.

The spotlight event that happened in the wood is that our companion who helped us to be a guide shared with us that “Forest is an area not less than five hectares with most trees having DBH more than ten centimeters. The canopy cover a minimum of ten percent to thirty percent”. It was an eye-opening definition that will help us anytime in the future. Furthermore, the study of wildlife presence through droppings, scats, and pellets was very exciting. The study of their excreta can not only help us to determine their presence but also helps us to predict whether the animal is a carnivore or herbivore. We were told during that time that carnivores will have hair on their excreta and herbivore will not. Notwithstanding, their presence can also be studied through the study of prints from paws and hooves. We were told that the angulates will have hove prints and any species of the cat family with paw prints.

                                                                                                              



                                           
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fare you well to my school classmate: May your success always be in your favour

 Saying goodbye is a bittersweet blend of celebration and nostalgia. Today, I find myself bidding farewell to my beloved school classmates, ...